Why to add in a holiday curry this week?
After a long day of travel, stress or extra cookies, have a bowl of curry to help your body reboot.
When my retreaters arrived in Hawaii, I had a big bowl of green goddess curry waiting for them. One of the best secrets to health is to alleviate inflammation as soon as possible. By giving your body a RESET in one meal, we can shift the stress hormones, balance blood sugar, give the organs back up and support and the extra vitamins they need.
The most common and traditional ingredients of curry powder are
- Coriander: Helps fight infections and contains dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium as well.
- Sweet basil: Helps fight depression by lifting your mood and an excellent source of vitamin K, manganese, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- Cumin: Helps improved blood cholesterol, reducing abdominal fat and is a rich source of iron.
- Turmeric: Is super popular because of its active compound curcumin has many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- Cardamom: Is an antioxidant and has diuretic properties to help lower blood pressure. I love adding it to my coffee grounds and notice it helps sustain my energy level longer.
Some other ingredients that are occasionally added depending on the recipe are ginger, cinnamon, fennel seeds, garlic, and mustard seeds. All of these ingredients in curry have their own unique healing powers and together can take your health up a notch.
Here is my pumpkin curry, which is easy to freeze and to make except for my efforts of cutting the pumpkin:)
Join me in January for two complementary webinars! Iwill be LIVE in the Holiday Facebook group sharing insights, tips and other resources to help you ease into your healthy new year.
The next topics will discuss:
- January 7th @ 5 pm PST: How to let go of rigid rules and learn to rotate different Conscious Nutrition Meal Types to heal digestion.
- January 14th @ 5 pm PST: Are you raising your cortisol and not even knowing it?
If you are ready to take the pressure off of what you are going to do in 2020!
I am here for you!
I created a NEW program for 2020.
Join the 6-week Nourish with Heather program to help you END yo-yoing and prevent you from signing up for another EXTREME program that leaves you feeling disappointed and frustrated. I have created a super simple system to help you stay connected with your body and meal plan with EASE! It is like a more conscious and connected 30-day program that has NOTHING to do with restriction or deprivation. WE so got this!
Happy holidays & Happy 75th birthday DAD:)
Heather Fleming, C.C.N.