Hola everyone! I am spending some time in Mexico and wanted to share which supplements to pack when you travel.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract: We definitely do not want “tourista” (traveler’s diarrhea) or Montezuma’s revenge while we travel. If you pick up some bad bacteria or E-Coli from the food or poor food handling, taking Grapefruit Seed Extract can support you like a natural antibiotic until you reach a qualified health care practitioner.
- Digestive Enzymes: These offer support when you eat food that doesn’t totally agree with you. Purchase a plant based capsule that contains, protease, amylase, lipase, papain (papaya), bromelain (pineapple). Take two capsules between meals or with heavy meals to help with bloating, constipation and heartburn.
- Arnica Cream: This is wonderful to bring for pain relief, bruises, cuts and scars. Apply to your neck as you travel to prevent stiffness, and use on temporal lobe for headaches.
- Magnesium: I love to pack this raspberry flavored packet to use when you are not quite feeling yourself. Magnesium helps with muscle cramps, nervous system health, and overall health. Nine out of ten people are Mg deficient. Mix with water before bedtime to assist with sleep and recovery. Here is a link to Amazon: http://amzn.to/2kLFg0U
- Spring Dragon Longevity Tea: This tea contains Gynostemma, a strong anti-fatigue effect. It can help prevent a cold coming on and give your immune system a nudge as you travel.
- Coconut oil: This is essential to have for a face moisturize or to add to tea if your layover is holding you back from any food or nourishment.
A few extra things I wish I would have brought would have been:
- Neti pot: A fun way to clear your sinuses, due to it being windy and dry.
- Tumeric: Another alternative to assist with inflammation, bring in capsule form for easy access.
- Activated Charcoal: Can help with food poisoning and digestion.
- Probiotics: This is super helpful especially if you have been taking them for awhile before your trip. Be a bit cautious traveling with it due to it may lose potency.
Please share what supports you!
Happy travels & adios!
Heather Fleming, C.C.N.
P.S. Stay tuned and subscribe to my youtube channel for more videos HERE!