Party Tips & Mobile Food Tree app
BBQ’s, late nights, cold drinks, and sunshine. Even though we are more active during this time, many people gain weight from combining a variety of inflammatory foods @ mealtimes.
Some strategies during the festivities:
1. Minimize the starchy appetizers; they can increase hunger and leave you feeling unsatisfied.
2. Separate your proteins and starches @ meal times. Try having your BBQ meat with veggies and then 30 minutes to 2 hours after have the starches. Take the Food Tree with you to have on hand! Enter your email address and then download the app on your smart phone
“The New Conscious Nutrition app”
3. Sip on your beverages as you are eating, then drink the majority 30 minutes after your large meal.
4. Eat watermelon and cantaloupe by itself and separate from meals.
5. If you have a large meal late in the evening, wake the next day and have a light protein breakfast such as a protein shake and green tea to assist the body in digesting the meal.
Also, ENJOY spending time with friends and loved ones. I am super homesick missing my family and my 94 year old Grandma!
Healthy Version of my Mom’s Deviled Eggs
1 dozen large eggs
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon finely chopped, rinsed capers
Zest of 1 lemon, finely minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons vegenaise or organic Trader Joe’s Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Sprinkle Ground black pepper
Paprika for garnish
Hard Boil Eggs
Peel and slice eggs in half longwise. Place yolks in separate bowl.
Add parsley, capers, lemon zest, juice, vegenaise, mustard and 2 Tbsp of water to Yolks
Mix until consistent
Scoop filling into egg halves, sprinkle with chopped parsley and paprika