What makes you poop?
My dear client Jen D. mentioned that she wasn’t surprised by my “crap shoot” comment in the last blog, so she inspired me to bring up my favorite topic for this one.
The emphasis on diet and restriction is exactly opposite for the body to run efficiently. If you are trying to reduce body fat, increase muscle mass and be disease free, it is required that you provide your body healthy whole foods, quality water, air and environment. This equation gives the body the correct fuel to provide nourishment and also detoxify correctly.
The goal is to have a healthy bowel movement within an hour of waking without any assistance. However, if your digestive system is sluggish here are a few suggestions to get your body moving regularly:
1. Green apples: High in fiber and lower in sugar, these can be used as apple sauce, raw or along with vegetable juicing to prevent constipation.
2. Magnesium-rich foods or supplement: Pumpkin seeds, Swiss chard, & spinach are high in Magnesium and can provide muscle relaxing and a natural laxative effect.
3. Herbal teas: Such as peppermint, ginger and fennel drank as a tea after meals can support healthy bowel movements.
4. Beans & lentils: Beans, beans the magical fruit the more you eat the more you ____:) This does not work for everyone, however if you soak your beans and lentils first, this will prevent flatulence and offer more absorption of vitamins and minerals.
5. Vegetable Soup: A hearty veggie soup will give the digestive system nutrients and fiber.
If you have any other tips, please comment below and share!
Also, the Have it ALL Diet is available for you as a tool to chart your meals, sleep, bowel movements, exercise and give you momentum to live your fullest.
“Click HERE to Have it ALL”