What do you GAIN if you lose?
I was house sitting over the New Year’s holiday and watched some TV. Besides the fact that commercials are louder than the show, which totally stresses out your nervous system (coming up later in the blog), I observed the trend changing with the typical diet programs.
The ad with Kellog’s Special K weighing women in Times Square was quite interesting. They had women get on the scale and instead of a number it was a positive affirmation on what they would personally gain after losing the weight. The older trend was all about restriction, discipline, and accountability, now it more about the journey of being human with normal cravings.
What if choosing the food we eat became a natural occurrence? Just like breathing, not something extra “to do”. I am a big fan of nourishing your nervous system. The nervous system is the blue print of your body, it feeds your muscles, transfers messages, helps your brain function, and much more.
The parasympathetic nervous system and sympathetic nervous system combined form the autonomic nervous system (ANS). The parasympathetic nervous system is responsible for inhibiting or opposing the effects of the sympathetic nervous system. It is responsible for many of the body’s involuntary processes, like breathing. The parasympathetic nervous system originates in the brain stem and lower part of the spinal cord and increases activity of the intestines and glands, stimulates digestive secretions, slows the heart and dilates blood vessels. The sympathetic nervous system is our fight or flight response, which many of us tend to utilize more often. When you balance stress and implement quality nutrition, your nervous system will be able to optimally support you.
Tips for a healthy nervous system:
1. Implement essential fatty acids within an hour of waking: Omega-3 Fish Oil, Chia Seeds, Avocado, Coconut Oil, & almonds
2. Implement essential fatty acids prior to sleeping: Omega-3 Fish oil with herbal tea prior to bed time. This supports sleeping through the night.
3. Deep breathing: Stress is the number one cause of disease. Taking deep breaths while you are experiencing stress will oxygenate the blood and tissues.
4. If you eat sugar, complement it with heaps of water 30 minutes after consumption. Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water.
Reminder of upcoming support programs:
1. Conscious Nutrition 5-day JumpStart program beginning January 14th @ 7am PST $45
“Click Here to Sign Up!”
2. Conscious Nutrition 3-week RESET program begins January 21st @ 6pm PST $197 & includes the “Have it ALL Diet” Book.
“Click Here to Sign Up!”
3. Conscious Nutrition 3-day RESET retreat at the ocean in Mission Bay, San Diego $197 February 8th-10th (includes FOOD, housing, yoga, mediation & YOURS TRULY) Yes, that is the real price:) 6 Spots available *Women only. Email me for more information: Heather@ConsciousNutrition.com
4. Customized programs: Includes private coaching, meal plans, ideal day, goal setting, supplement support, & optional lab testing is now available.
“Click Here to learn more or Contact me”
5. Join me with the 40-day Hydration challenge (last week’s blog). Today is Day 7, and I feel great! Tons of energy through out the day!
Happy New Year,
Joyful Food Expert
Founder of the Conscious Nutrition Program &
Author of the “Have it ALL Diet”
“Click HERE to Have it ALL”