Want vs. Need
Sometimes you WANT chocolate ice cream and sometimes you NEED it. Do you know the difference for yourself?
If I need chocolate ice cream to make me feel a certain way or to relieve stress, than this situation can cause more damage and cover up the real issue. If I want chocolate ice cream because it just sounds good, and I check in with my body’s desires and it checks out ok, then ENJOY!
Our lifestyles do not always allow us the opportunity to check in. However, self awareness is the only true remedy for healthy living.
Tips on how to check in to decipher wants vs. needs:
1. Take an inventory of what you have NOT eaten today. For example, if you haven’t had any vegetables and your cravings are taking over, have a salad, vegetable juice, or soup then reassess. You can participate in the craving with a more balanced body.
2. Take 5 deep breaths. This assures your body has more oxygenated cells and will help your body be in a more relaxed state.
3. Journal! Learn about your body’s many patterns that can shed light on why you always crave sugar @ the same time of day or other issues that arise. The “Have it ALL Diet” has a 90-day journal to assist you with collecting helpful information.
“Click HERE to Have it ALL”
4. Watch your thoughts. If you are going to have it, LOVE every minute of it.
5. Take digestive enzymes if you feel you have over indulged. The brands we recommend include: Amazon Herb Company–Digestezon Plus; Enzymedica–Digest Gold; & Xymogen–Digestive Enzymes “Click Here for Digestive Enzymes for the Holidays”
Joyful Food Expert
Founder of the Conscious Nutrition Program &
Author of the “Have it ALL Diet”