The path of MOST resistance
Hope you are doing well, being super kind to yourself, diving into your feelings, discomfort and open to change. I am with you.
Choosing the path of least resistance and not taking risks right now may be what you think you need, instead you may need the exact opposite.
This doesn’t mean to go “all or none” or full out and exhaust yourself. Even Mother Theresa took naps. It is diving into the discomfort of what is threatening your peace of mind. Resistance is an animal inside of us that does NOT control us. Instead, the more we work with it, the more you will see and feel those necessary shifts and changes show up in your life.
Here is the force you are fighting: You and your brain are creatures of habit. You simply talk yourself into taking the easy, low resistance and comfortable route. Which is TOTALLY realistic some times, but if everyday you are feeling feels of unworthiness or not enough-ness, then something is not aligning during your day. Like the pull of a rushing river, your unconscious habits continue to take you downstream in the wrong direction. To change your direction you will need to swim upstream, against the resistance. Take a deep breath and try to swim a different stroke than the old familiar one.
- Going along with the gossip
- Surrendering to peer pressure
- Saying yes to needless obligations
- Submitting to the crying demands of your children
- Starting your new program on “Monday” (instead of today)
- Reacting in anger
- Holding a grudge
- Giving the ‘silent treatment’
- Going to the gym when you don’t feel like it
- Forgiving someone who wronged you
- Feeling the fear and doing it anyway
- Admitting you were wrong and apologizing
- Calling that big, scary big prospect (again and again)
It only feels wrong at the start because you have an automatic bias toward the easy. (*Darren Hardy is the former publisher of SUCCESS magazine, an entrepreneur and New York Times best-selling author of The Compound Effect and Living Your Best Year Ever: A Proven Formula for Achieving Big Goals.Here is the link to the rest of the article I referenced.)
I just received an email that someone felt some triggers when I mentioned we incorporate more vegetarian meals during the week of the Appetizer Course to see how we feel. I didn’t say, we are only going to eat vegetarian or gave exact details. This mention of “less meat” triggered something inside of her that made her feel unsafe, untrusting of herself and fearful. Her automatic biases may be…
- Protein helps her feel full. (I can personally relate to this and continue to “play” with it with less self-judgement)
- I won’t know what else to eat? Her choices feel limited and thus makes her feel unsafe and not wanting to try new foods?
- I will have to make extra food for my family. This is totally realistic, and she may make an extra big side dish for herself and then have her hubby grill?
- Trust herself! I never said NO meat, actually I give a list of meats to try if you are need of extra protein during the week. And if she needs it and doesn’t keep resisting then she can choose it from a different bias.
No one can be accountable for ourselves except ourselves. Even if an “expert” tells you to do something, you have to trust your own instincts. This is what we nurture in the Appetizer course. This connection to instincts and self-trust is all up to YOU!
If you are REBEL-er, you will NOT want to do this course, because I am one and with you. I usually begin some of my suggestions a week prior to the course, well that did NOT happen last week. I nourished myself but did not have any energy to DISTRACT or OBSESS over food. So my Rebel and I will be showing up with you. And she is super happy and at the same time dragging her feet a bit. But since I have a loving relationship with food (finally) and I know my programs are NOT all or nothing, I am not worried and am completely 100% in trust with the process.
The course begins tomorrow on June 9th @ 5 pm PST. All calls are recorded for your listening convenience.
You will receive:
- Conscious Nutrition Recipe book
- Conscious Nutrition Cravings book
- Live and recorded calls every other day for one week.
- Valuable resources and tools to help you unravel your loving yet complicated relationship with food
- Access to the course for 3 months so you can take your own time.
Email me back with questions or Sign up here and I will email you all the details.
Love from your nourishment leader,
Heather Fleming, C.C.N.
P.S. What are people saying about the one week course…
P.S.S. Also, if you are feeling isolated and wanting a bit more community support, head to my complementary, private Facebook Group, click below!
Follow Conscious Nutrition!
Please forward this email to anyone who needs some extra nourishment!
Thank you for receiving our musings and I hope you feel nourished!
Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 2033 san elijo ave, #112, Cardiff By The Sea, CA 92007