It has become officially chilly in Southern California. Now is the time to incorporate more herbs, spices and foods that can warm your body and boost your immune system.
1. Garlic- Thousands of clinical studies confirm it helps cardiovascular conditions, cleanses the blood, boots immune system, and has anti-microbial properties.
2. Ginger- This herb reduces inflammation, aids cardiovascular conditions, lessens blood clots and lowers bad cholesterol. Clinical studies confirm ginger inhibits the behavior of genes connected with inflammation.
3. Turmeric- This spice contains curcumin, known for its super antioxidant properties. It also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and stomach soothing benefits. It reduces inflammation by stimulating the adrenal glands to increase the hormone that lessens inflammation.
A few meal ideals to get your immune system boosted are:
1. Cook dark meat chicken, kale, Swiss chard, onion, leeks, cabbage with coconut oil. Add low-sodium vegetable broth, spices from above and enjoy!
2. Spaghetti squash with pesto and olive oil.
3. Roasted vegetables: Beets, sweet potatoes, onion, kale in the oven.
4. Crock pot of chili.
5. Brown rice Pasta with ground turkey & zucchini.
Coming up next month is a one week Jumpstart Program to help you get through the holiday season with ease & grace. We will begin December 3rd through December 7th with group teleconferences, recorded for your convenience.
“Click Here for Post-Holiday Jumpstart Program”
Have a warm & toasty day,