Holiday Chestnut Hummus & When to and not to trust your gut?
Can you feel the bustle and a bit of overwhelm coming into your daily life? I am noticing when I try to over do it and multitask, I am making more mistakes and slipping up.
How do you handle this in your life? Are you hard on yourself or your loved ones? Ask for forgiveness to your loved ones and then here are some ideas for what you do for yourself.
If you are super critical to yourself, it isn’t the ideal time to listen to your gut. For example, if you have been judging yourself for something you did and your gut tells you to order take out, this may NOT be your gut talking but instead your cortisol leading the way. Your brain/gut connection is disconnected during a cortisol flare and you may have a challenge interpreting your body’s needs in these moments.
Most diets have you either be “on or off” the program, but they forgot one important aspect, you have emotions!
These emotions and feelings are attached to your core issues. And most humans have intense core issues that are linked to our survival and thus are very challenging to feel and understand.
Our main physical needs are for food, water, air, safety, shelter, warmth, health, and belonging. Since most people are experience symptoms, this aspect is cracked.
If you are not feeling safe in your physical environment and then your emotions are not safe to be felt. When you are having a flare, try these steps in THIS ORDER.
1. RELAX your gut: If your gut is wound up, this is NOT a good time to eat. Instead take 5 deep breaths like I recommend in Step 1: FEEL and wait for your gut to unwind.
2. OPEN your heart: Your heart is the gateway to your brain. Most of us have been hurt and our heart has closed up. Take a bit and FEEL what your gut is relaying to you. Your heart has the capacity to offer its opinion. So before you call for take out, feel what your heart truly desires and what your relaxed gut needs.
3. CALM your mind: If your forehead is in a tennis match over what choice to make. Place a hand on your temples, or close your eyes for 5 minutes to reduce the stimulus. Your mind is the tool but not always the deciding factor. Especially for people with a really loud inner critic, this is a MUST.
Take a look at this great diagram I found to help you align with your TRUTH.
In the meantime, as you practice this over the holidays, check out the new hummus recipe I had to try and share.
Add way more chestnuts, but beware of the extra fiber!
- 500g cooked and peeled chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini or Sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
If this blog struck a cord for you, join me in January for two more webinars! i will be live in the Holiday Facebook group sharing insights, tips and other resources to help you ease into your healthy new year! Head here to JOIN my complementary Facebook Group: Feel your way thru the Holidays!
If you are ready to take the pressure off of what you are going to do in 2020!
I am here for you!
I love my 3-week RESET program but felt it was missing more support on how to tailor the information to your life. So, I created a NEW program for 2020.
Join the 6-week Nourish with Heather program to help you END yo-yoing and prevent you from signing up for another EXTREME program that leaves you feeling disappointed. I will support you in the above private Facebook group through the New Year and then beginning January 21st, 2020, you will be set up toward a NEW way of nourishing yourself. JOIN NOW at the Early Turkey Bird pricing.
Let’s have a NOURISHING 2020,
Heather Fleming, C.C.N.
P.S. If you need a RETREAT to offer you extra support, I have TWO coming up!
1. RE-New Year Retreat: We extended Early Bird pricing until December 5th. Southern California, December 28th. Ring in 2020 with CLARITY at the Kundalini & Cooking retreat. I will be nourishing your belly with vegetarian meals as you practice Kundalini, receive daily gong baths, RELAX, hot tub and commune in a super funky home. Jen and Ramtin from Heart Centered Revolution will be our Kundalini guides as we rejuvenate our energy! Sign up today, save $150 and choose your room, 3 spaces left! RE-New Year Retreat in 2020
2. Soul Nourishing Retreat: HAWAII, Big Island, March 24th-31st, 2020. This is a dream come true. We will be swimming with dolphins by day and painting from our soul by night! We rented the Whale Sanctuary retreat center overlooking Kealakekua bay! Yours truly will be intuitively cooking meals from the local produce and my dear friend Tiffany Nightingale of Soul Speak art and therapy will be helping us paint from our soul each evening.You will bring Hawaii home with you with your painting and experiences. Hawaii 2020 retreat! Payment plan available!