I tend to see people over consume breads, cereals, and grains. It isn’t that you can never have these foods again, however when you eat these foods and your body was in dire need of proteins, vegetables and fat, then your body is deprived until it receives these nutrients.
- 3 cups old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1 cup of coarsely raw soaked almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw local honey
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 1 cup assorted dried fruit like goji berries, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Line a baking sheet with a reusable silicone pad or parchment paper (if you don’t have a silicone pad).
- Stir together the first 8 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small pan over low heat, stir together honey and oil until combined.
- Pour honey and oil mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour granola mixture out onto lined baking sheet and spread out into an even layer.
- Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Check every 10 minutes to stir and rotate pan.
- When done, remove cool and pour back into bowl. Stir in dried fruit until combined.
- Store in an airtight container.