I was first introduced to this word from a commercial featuring Tina Fey being so hangry she started eating a bag of potpourri in the check out line.
You Don’t Need To Be Hangry Anymore!
Did you know you can actually change this, even permanently?
If low blood sugar rules your life, this can lead to weight gain, weight around your abdomen, mental fog, fatigue, and friendships.
I worked with someone who was hangry daily and very difficult to work with. For selfish reasons only:) I wanted to sort this, to better our work relationship, her well being, and future endeavors.
One of the best explanations I have researched to support others with this switch is Dr. Rosedale’s Diet: The Rosedale Diet
In his book, he uses this visual. Think of two fire places, one that needs to be fueled constantly from paper, the other fueled with one log that burns evenly for a long time.
When you are a sugar burner (paper fueled fire), you body is trained to run on simple and quick fuel sources, such as simple carbs. When you switch to a fat burner (wood fueled fire), your body uses complex and dense fuel sources, such as excess body fat.
Simple Tips To Make The Switch
- Upon rising drink 16 oz of room temperature water. Then eat a balanced breakfast BEFORE coffee or tea. The coffee or tea can challenge your blood sugar, especially later in the afternoon.
- Implement one serving of healthy fat per meal: 1 T of quality oils, 1 T of nut butter, 1/4 cup of raw nuts or seeds, 1/4 avocado.
- It may take up to 3 days or longer to get rid of the dips. When the dip happens, eat the healthy fats listed above along with a piece of fruit or veggies. Berries & almonds, cucumbers & smashed avocado, red peppers and hummus drizzled with olive oil.
- Drink plenty of liquids through out the whole day, and monitor during meal times so your stomach acids and digestive enzymes do not get diluted during meal times.
- If you eat sugar, you may notice the next day your will crave more sugar, have the healthy fats on hand, along with herbal tea, veggie juice, protein sources, and even add more Digestive Enzymes and a fiber supplement, Triphala is one of my favorites.
Release the Hangry & you will have more friends,
Thanks to Rodney Campbell for the great hangry giraffe photo!