The stresses are intense and fiery over here in California. And heaps of gratitude to the fireworkers and supporters saving homes!
With all of the stress in the air, how do we move forward, stay generous with each other and still make this life of ours a work of art?
Today is my 47th birthday! I thought what would have made me happy by this age was living a super simple, cautious life with a hubby, kids and white picket fence. Well, this is NOT the scenario for this single, nomad woman, riding the unknown wave with all of her belongings in her car. This is other people’s cup of tea, but it isn’t suppose to be, it is mine and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I said Yes to moving to San Diego at 28 without a job or ever visiting here before.
I said Yes to a job working with people experiencing paralysis when I thought it was a walking group. (Cried after I left the interview)
I said Yes to cooking on a yacht and then buying a sailboat, not knowing how to sail and living on it for 4 years in a marina SOLO! (most of the time:)
Now, I am continuing to say YES to what causes a bit of discomfort, but makes me feel more alive, curious, creative and sharing more life with other life lovers. Take a moment to review what you have said YES to that changed your life course. We tend to focus on what we ‘didn’t’ do and not all of the small and big successes we have achieved.
As for food, I created the Feel Your Meal process to help your YES feel more clear, connected and nourishing.
If you are having a cortisol flare, which feels like you could eat the whole refrigerator, cupboard and still not be satisfied.
1. Take 5 deep breaths: Thisgives your lungs and cells oxygen, relaxes your nervous system, calms your brain and helps you ground.
2. Practice to feel your ‘gut’ yes and ask what you TRULY need. A hug, that homemade cookie, a tea, cold smoothie, sparkling water with lime or a big nap!
3. Satisfy your taste buds. Add in variety, flavors and new veggies you have never tried before. It is more about what we are NOT eating than obsessing over the one thing you ‘shouldn’t’ have eaten.
If sharing generosity can be a reality and focus for you in 2020, I cheer you on. The more we generate support, the better world this can be. With so many different causes to contribute to, FEEL your Yes and follow that. Here are a few that sing to me that I contribute to monthly. Please share which causes you support.
- Water: Charity Water’s story and mission has been instrumental in healing the planet one water well and faucet at a time.
- Compassion: These causes are very dear to my heart and align with my core values.
- Sara is the founder of Compassionit and she is sharing her mission in schools, prisons, corporations and how to be a more compassionate every day human. I highly recommend her trainings.
- Thich Naht Hanh Foundation: The monks and nuns of the villages have dedicated their lives to meditation and prayer to help humanity. I have spent time at the Deer Park Monastery and cherish their mission.
- Social Justice: I chose the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. is America’s premier legal organization fighting for racial justice.
And if you need the oxygen mask first and are ready to focus on YOU and your nutrition, for my birthday week, you receive 15% off ($22 savings) on the NEW Master Class. Head here and enter in the coupon code: Heathers Birthday
You have access to the course for ONE year and all the resources are easily downloaded for you to keep and practice being the master of YOU!
with abundant nourishment from the birthday woman,
Heather Fleming, C.C.N.
P.S. If you need more support, join my private, complementary Facebook community!
P.S.S. Are you are a wellness coach or health care practitioner interested in sharing the Master Class to help your clients in their day-to-day decision making so you can dive deeper with your expertise? Yes? Great! Head here to become an affiliate!