Do it Yourself Healthy Recipes: 5 Foods to Make at Home
Do it Yourself Healthy Recipes
I am going to be taking my nutrition up another notch. I am having trouble purchasing pre-made foods containing canola oil, other processed oils and preservatives. These oils and preservatives can cause slight inflammation, which accumulates daily and over time can be harmful to your body’s detoxifying processes.
Here are the top five do it yourself healthy recipes:
1. Hummus: Garbanzo beans, Extra-Virgin Olive oil (EVOO), garlic, lemon juice, tahini, sea salt & pepper. Blend.
2. Dairy-free Pesto: Basil, EVOO, garlic, try a variety of nuts (walnuts, macadamia, or pine nuts), sea salt & pepper. Blend.
3. Mayonnaise: egg yolk, fine sea salt, dry mustard, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, EVOO: Mix dry ingredients separate from lemon & vinegar, gradually add oil, whisk until emulsion takes place. Leave in room temperature for 1-2 hours then refrigerate.
4. Almond milk & Sprouted almonds: Soaking nuts releases enzyme inhibitors which will promote more nutrient absorption & easier digestion. Soak almonds with a pinch of sea salt for 12 hours, rinse then dehydrate on the lowest temperature less than 118 degrees. Almond milk: Take 1 cup of your soaked almonds, blend with 3 cups of water and 1 tsp of vanilla. Strain through a cheesecloth.
5. Salad dressings: Olive oil, herbs of your choice, variety of vinegars (rice, red wine, apple cider), lemon, sea salt & pepper. Shake well.
*Amounts vary on serving size.
Each one of these delicious recipes will take less than 10 minutes to prepare, save you money, and upgrade your nutrition.
Heather Fleming, Joyful Food Expert
Founder of the Conscious Nutrition Program
& Author of the Have it ALL Diet
“Click HERE to Have it ALL”