Conscious Nutrition Tips for travel
Your body experiences stress during travels and it is important to reset your body back to balance with some simple tips.
· Before traveling add 2,000 mg of Vitamin C for 3-4 days and bring for and after the trip. Emergen-C from Alacer and Camu Gold from Amazon Herb Company are easy to travel with.
· When you are traveling, especially going east, replace bigger meals with small snacks, and adjust your snacks to the time zone of your destination.
· Try adding protein powders to your diet. We tend to overeat simple carbohydrates and not enough healthy proteins. The best proteins powders are rice, egg white or whey. They come in single servings and mix with 8 ounces of water or almond milk, adding cinnamon for taste. Cinnamon also supports heart health and blood sugar balancing.
· Staying hydrated is the secret to travel success. Room temperature bottled water is the best for your body to stay hydrated, and adding lemon or cucumber will assist in electrolyte absorption. If experiencing nausea add ginger or a bit of ginger ale to your bottle of water. Bring your own water container, such as a Stainless Steel version, this will provide you larger portions and always have it filled.
· If you experience headaches or indigestion when you travel, try adding fresh pineapple and/or coconut water to your diet. If you can’t purchase those, purchase bromelain capsules (which is pineapple extract) and they can eliminate inflammation. Digestezon Plus from the Amazon Herb Company offers a source.
· Add 8 ounces of water after every cup of coffee, tea, and alcoholic drink to keep you hydrated.
· Bring your own trail mix for your travels: 3 handfuls of nuts to 1 handful of dried fruit. Dried fruit has more sugar and can imbalance your blood sugar leaving you with low energy.
· Rest! That is what your body needs most of all, Tender Loving Care!