Be careful of what you believe
I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be. ~ Albert Einstein
I had a blast teaching @ Rancho la Puerta in Tecate, Mexico for the last 5 weeks. I had amazing participants at my post lunch nutrition lectures.
“Rancho la Puerta”
The Ranch guests are brilliant individuals, however like all of us, they can develop habits that are non-supportive.
A few breakthroughs that changed what they believed included:
1. Waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom is NOT normal
2. Vegetables for breakfast will take your current diet to an extraordinary diet. Such as vegetable juice, veggie omelet, & add spinach or kale to your protein shake.
3. Eating the same breakfast every day is NOT ideal. We recommend variety and rotating. Not oatmeal everyday:)
4. Water with lemon is wonderful to have PRIOR to coffee or tea, then eating a balanced veggie breakfast.
5. If you are tired or craving sweets after you ate a meal, then what you ate was missing or too much of a Macronutrient; protein, carbohydrates, and fat. (Big hint: it is usually too much refined carbohydrates, too little quality protein or healthy fat)
If you are wanting to create a healthier lifestyle and version of yourself, begin with observing your thoughts and habits, and make sure they are supporting you versus sabotaging your well-being. Read quality information, and experiment with your current daily diet by upgrading certain foods into your “usual” meals.
Heather Fleming, Joyful Food Expert
Founder of the Conscious Nutrition Program
& Author of the Have it ALL Diet
“Click HERE to Have it ALL”