A spectacular appetizer or a light snack in the middle of the day.
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head bibb or romaine lettuce or napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat oil in sauté pan; add ginger, celery and carrots.
- Stir and sauté for 5-7 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add soy sauce, seasoning, and stir, cooking for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, spoon into lettuce leaves and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Roll and enjoy.
Make a spicy peanut dipping sauce by mixing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha or chili sauce
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter or almond butter
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil