I prefer NOT to tell people certain foods are “good” or “bad”. However, you may get a sense what I think about cereal from the picture above. I have an amazing job to upgrade people’s health and suggest foods that have more yang, umph, nutrition, vitamins, and TASTE.
It isn’t that cereal is completely “bad” there is more to it.
1. Cereal does not have the vitamins and minerals your body needs from the processed and overheated grains. Grains that are cooked at a high heat lose their nutritional value and are difficult to digest.
2. If you eat cereal every morning, your body is MISSING out on all the OTHER nutrients it needs. The body will take the nutrients from bones, muscles and organs to keep it running at the level you need it too. Thus, cereal can be a cause to muscle atrophy, osteoporosis, and dis-ease.
3. Cereal can imbalance your blood sugar causing you to crave sugar @ 3 pm then depleting your energy level for exercise at 5 pm.
Don’t go off cereal cold turkey.
1. Add whole fat milk to your cereal for more macronutrient balance, or substitute the cow’s milk with coconut milk.
2. Conscious Nutrition’s Cereal substitute is crushed nuts with organic honey and topped with almond or coconut milk.
3. Try incorporating eggs with vegetable twice a week, especially the weekends when you have more time to cook.
If you are going to keep a cereal around for the kid in you, try cereals with less processed grains, check out the sugar amount and make sure you can read the ingredients in the list. Cereal is meant to eat when we were kids in front of Saturday morning cartoons. However, life has more demands and stress, now your body need foods packed with vital nutrients. Change the cereal but keep laughing at the cartoons, this will keep you feeling young.
Make it a great day,