Happy Super Bowl Week! As an avid NFL follower, I will be watching the game to see Madonna & the new commercial with David Beckham in his underwear.
Here are some strategies to prevent the massive food and alcohol hangover on Monday morning:
1. Have your first meal within an hour of waking consisting of protein, vegetables and healthy fat.
• 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites sautéed in coconut oil with spinach, broccoli, and onions.
• Protein shake (Rice, Eggwhite, Whey or Pea) mixed with unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon and 2,000 mg of Omega 3 Oils.
Hold on the starch because there will be plenty @ the party.
2. As your party favors, bring foods that follow the more Conscious aspect of the Conscious Nutrition Program such as:
• Cut up red peppers, broccoli, and carrots to dip with Hummus or Guacamole
• Nut Thins and Raw Goat Cheese
• Buffalo Meat Balls with Bitchin Sauce (www.BitchinSauce.com)
• Dark Chocolate Almonds
This will support you to experience all the flavors and satisfy your cravings of sweet, savory, salty, spicy & sour.
3. Try these cocktails to support you with less of a hangover as your fellow party goers:
• Mix Vodka with tonic water and a whole lime
• Try Organic or Wheat Free Beer: Such as Samuel Smith’s or New Planet Brands. These beers are less mucus forming and can help with the congested headache feeling after consumption
• Organic Red Wine: This isn’t as much as a football watching drink, however, you usually drink it slower and in less quantity. My personal favorites are; Bonterra & Natura
4. The SECRET: When you return home, drink either 2 EmergenC’s in 4 ounces of water or a Coconut water. This will hydrate your body and cleanse your liver while you rest.
Have a great time,