One of my favorite ways of helping people is to design their “Ideal Day in the life of you”. This ideal day needs to be the gold standard, however also needs to be attainable and realistic. We tend to set expectations for ourselves that we can not always obtain. The goal is to not overwhelm us, however to set us up for success. Just like the movie, “What about Bob”, baby steps.
“Clip from What about Bob”
While creating your ideal day, ask yourself some questions that will help you become the healthiest version of yourself.
1. How do I feel when I wake up in the morning? Am I rushed or peaceful.
2. Do a body scan to see if you are feeling dehydrated, stiff, or low in energy.
3. What have you NOT eaten in the last few meals. What could your body be needing.
4. Have you consumed 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water?
5. After meals, do you feel satisfied? If you are craving sugar, your body is missing a certain amount of a Macronutrient.
Create your ideal day with the mind set that you have all the time in the world, and then restructure it to fit into your daily routine.
Lifestyle example: I am writing this blog as I am sitting in the sun with a big floppy hat on my sail boat vs. inside while my phone keeps ringing, and other distractions come my way.
Nutrition example: Make a meal with some of your favorite “vacation” foods, like fresh goat cheese, salmon, cut veggies, and avocado, then have a picnic.
Live your dreams,
Heather Fleming, Joyful Food Expert
Founder of the Conscious Nutrition Program
& Author of the Have it ALL Diet
“Click HERE to Have it ALL”