Roasted Yams with Quince and Fennel
This is a great sweet and savory dish to complement both of our favorite cravings.
- 2 Yams, diced
- 2 fennel bulbs, diced
- 2 quince, diced
- Splash of apple cider (approx. 1/8 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- Browned butter
- Cinnamon to taste
- Ground ginger to taste
- Toss yams, quince, and fennel with remaining ingredients, except browned butter.
- Roast in preheated 375° F oven for about 45 minutes, until soft and mashy.
- Brown the butter in a large pan and then add roasted vegetables to the pan.
Season with cinnamon, ground ginger to taste, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir with wooden spoon, mashing a little to get flavors and ingredients to infuse.
Thanks to Gloria Cabada-Leman for the delicious looking roasted yams!