Seriously, everything becomes pumpkin flavored the second the first leaf turns color. So why do we crave pumpkin?
These squashes are sweet and contain potassium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and vitamins C and E and one of the richest supplies of bioavailable carotenoids known to man.
What to do when you crave pumpkin?
Add this amazing super food in with your smoothies, soups, roasted veggies, and healthy pancake mixes. Toast the seeds on the lowest heat preferably.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Combine pumpkin puree, banana, coconut milk, cinnamon, and honey in an Emulsifying Blender.
- Blend on high until well mixed and smooth.
- While blender is running, slowly pour in coconut oil.
- Pour in a glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
They are not just for carving,
Thanks to Frerk Meyer for the pumpkin photo!