Mayo is one of my personal favorite “emotional” eating foods. However, store bought mayonnaise has vegetable oils and other preservatives. Try making your own with these simple ingredients to enhance creaminess to support recipes and your taste buds.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the egg, garlic, lemon juice and mustard in an Emulsifying Blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Blend on low speed while pouring oil into the blender in a fine stream as the mixture emulsifies and thickens.
- Recipe makes 1 cup.