Yep, I am going there again! A good friend asked me what I believe is important for us to observe to be the healthiest versions of ourselves.
#1 Poop #2 Sleep
The average person generates 5 tons of stool through out their lifetime. Your stool is made up of 75% water, fiber, dead & live bacteria, and mucus.
What to look for:
1. Going daily within an hour of waking and after meal times
2. Medium to dark brown, smooth & soft, formed in one long shape
3. About 2 inches wide and 18 inches long
4. S-Shaped like your small intestine
5. Doesn’t smell good, but not too bad
6. Dives gently into the bowl and sinks slowly
Signs of unhealthy digestion:
1. Soft stools and diarrhea can be caused from lactose intolerance, sensitivity to sugar substitutes and gluten.
2. Dry, and hard to pass, is from dehydration and lack of healthy fats in the diet.
3. Yellow stool can be a sign of gallbladder dysfunction.
4. Increased mucus can be a sign of inflammation in your bowels.
5. Black & tarry stools can be caused from medications or bleeding in the tract.
Please visit a qualified health care provider, preferably someone who has had your similar predicament and doesn’t have it any more.
Take a peak,
Heather Fleming, Joyful Food Expert
Founder of the Conscious Nutrition Program
& Author of the Have it ALL Diet
“Click HERE to Have it ALL”