Trader Joe’s has already prepared lentils that are perfect for this meal.
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 1/2 head radicchio, sliced thin and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of shallots, finely chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced thin and chopped
- 1/2 cup of carrots. Peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of roughly chopped parsley and basil
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Place lentils in a medium size saucepan, and cover with about three inches of filtered water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until just tender about 20-30 minutes, do not overcook or they will become mushy (add more water if necessary).
- Drain lentils.
- Toss lentils with red wine vinegar, sea salt and fresh ground pepper and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Toss with olive oil, shallots, radicchio, radishes and fresh herbs. Taste and adjust seasoning for flavor.
This servers about 4 and can be served chilled or room temperature.
Enjoy! and let us know what your favorite recipes are below …