There are so many different eating preferences due to food sensitivities, morals, or other variables. Many people ask me what type of eating style I am or teach. Recently when asked, I blurted out the word “Intuitivarian”.
My definition of Intuitivarian is: Someone who fuels their body with the correct balance of nutrition in the present moment. This is ultimate self trust and a developed skill in self discovery with your relationship with food.
I enjoy all of the amazing research that is available at our finger tips, however this is challenging and overwhelming for each person to decipher how food effects them on a daily basis. The journey to understanding yourself and how food affects you requires patience and desire.
I am an inspiring sailor. If we chart our course and then the wind and tides change and if we don’t adjust correctly, we are heading for disaster. When other nutritionist or diet plans put you on “the perfect diet” and change always occur during the day, you don’t have the correct tools for success. This can set people up for failure and then you are “off or on” the “diet”. This is a recipe for frustration and exhaustion.
Tips to begin your journey as an Intuitivarian
1. Take 5 deep breaths BEFORE you decide what you want to eat
2. Take an inventory of what you have or HAVEN’T eaten yet
3. Think of how you WANT to FEEL after the meal
4. Review the Conscious Nutrition Food Tree for meal combining ideas (email us for a complimentary Food Tree info@ConsciousNutrition.com)
5. ONLY enjoy what you are eating and have positive thoughts.