Did anyone else eat too many chocolate covered cherries like I did? I immediately woke up with a smile and had a giant glass of warm water with lemon.
Here are a few other foods and meal ideas to include in your meal plans this week to support the Christmas Cookies to leave the body.
- Green Veggies: Broccoli & Green Beans: These veggies contain chromium which will enhance the action of insulin. You can lightly cook them until tender and blend to make a gorgeous soup.
- Starchy Veggies: Parsnips, Squash, Sweet Potato: For 2-3 days you may be having more cravings for starch. Instead of going cold turkey, ease off the sugar and starch with a sweet potato with cinnamon and coconut oil or Roasted parsnips, squash, onions and kale. Drizzle with avocado oil and sea salt.
- Favorite Fats: Coconut oil, chia seeds, pecans: When I am craving too much sugar, I make chia seed pudding with vanilla, coconut milk, topped with cinnamon to have on hand versus those cookies that multiply around you during the holidays. Toasted pecans with a persimmon or apple will also help you feel supported with essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 to help you nourish your brain so you do not cookie snatch.
- Wild-Caught White Fish: Choose low mercury fish from your local store such as Cod, Mahi and Sardines are great choices to rotate in your weekly plan. Fish is easier to digest which can reduce inflammation in your digestive tract.
- Avocado: Top on a slice of gluten free toast to help you feel satiated and lighten up the sugar hangover. Also, blend with cilantro, sesame oil, lime, and garlic to make a creamy dressing over salad.
- Herbs: Cinnamon, Tumeric, Parsley: My favorite way to add cinnamon is a baked apple topped with cinnamon and a bit of coconut milk. Tumeric and curry are wonderful combined with cauliflower, green bean and cod stir-fry.
We will be deliciously, creatively, and consciously be combining all of these foods into other recipes for 10 days in a row. During the Jump Start, it takes about 3 days to release sugar from your body and bloodstream, so day 2 & 3 you may have a bit of a headache and intense cravings. But, by day 4 look out world and 2017, you will be ready to take on all of your other New Year’s intentions.
Click here to Join us for 10 days of Delight
I will be sending out all of the information by this weekend to help you get a jump on groceries and pumping up your mind set. If you are not ready to begin on the 2nd, we may have another group begin in mid-month. Let us know.
Heather Fleming, C.C.N