Inflammation is the next big “buzz” word in the health & medical field. Inflammation is only good when you stub your toe or slam your finger in the car. This inflammation is crucial to let you know the site has been injured and to sends blood cells to support healing. However, chronic and systemic inflammation, is your body and cells experiencing major and constant stress.
Doctors have been recommending aspirin to help with inflammation, however, I have one question regarding this… Are we aspirin deficient? Nope. The results they are striving for are lower blood pressure and thinning of the blood. However, there are MANY natural alternatives to reach these desired outcomes.
Here are 5 must have’s in your medicine cabinet or kitchen:
1. Tumeric: I am personally addicted to this amazing herb. I overdosed on these amazing drinks (Click on picture to learn more)
@ the Wanderlust Yoga Festival. They were refreshing and healing. Other alternatives to ingest turmeric are capsule form, liquid, curry powder or paste, and Medical Food products like Ultra InflamX shake from Metagenics (“Check out the tasty shake here”)
2. Arnica: Either in cream or homeopathic form (Traumeel is a brandname, click here to learn more) This flower is wonderful to apply topically for many injuries including bruising, cramps, deep muscle pain, and chronic inflammation.
3. Bromelain or Raw Pineapple: Bromelain is the enzyme found in pineapple. This is a great substitute for Advil or other headache medicines. Take daily with food for added relief of digestive disturbances.
4. Ginger: Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. These substances are believed to explain why so many people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis experience reductions in their pain levels and improvements in their mobility when they consume ginger regularly. Cut up ginger root and add to boiling water for a nice ginger tea.
5. Omega 3’s: The specific fats in your diet affect the way the body makes prostaglandins, a group of hormones that regulate inflammation. Implement extra-virgin olive oil and increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids found in oily, cold-water fish, flaxseeds or oil, and walnuts.
Reduce the flame,
“Enter here to Have it ALL”
P.S. Local San Diegans: Please join me @ one of my favorite North County Grocery Stores, Seaside Market in Cardiff, August 6th @ 7 pm for a Grocery Store Tour to assist you in building conscious meals that support your digestion, energy and optimal health.